Since November 2018: Director of Communications
at the Lake Tawakoni Regional Chamber of Commerce
Since 2014: Owner of schön graphics
2013 – 2015: Office Manager at AB/JDD Plumbing in San Jose, CA
This job gave me the opportunity to get a first glimpse of the American “working-world”.
- Answering 2 phone lines, scheduling appointments and the daily work scope for five plumbers
- Managing the monthly bills and payroll (Quickbooks)
- Social Media Marketing
- Updated existing logo and created business cards and various print advertising
2004 – 2013: Marketing Advisor
at the publishing house Ernst Klett Verlag in Stuttgart, Germany
My main focus was planing, calculating and designing advertising materials.
- Managed the layout process and print production of brochures, direct mailings, catalogs etc
- Calculated and monitored the marketing budget in various content managing systems
- Planed and supervised the complete production chain: e.g. a specific landing page on the website, promotional videos, e‑mailings, give aways, preparation for the official German school-book fair …
2000 — 2004: Art Director
at the advertising agency da kapo in Nürnberg, Germany
My major client was Zapf Creation, manufacturer of toy dolls like the famous BABY born®.
- Developed “playable” packaging ideas for BABY born® miniworld
- Responsible for layout and printing of consumer catalogs (twice a year)
- Layouted various doll packages, displays and manuals under consideration of up to 24 different languages that would later be printed on them (the black film was switched)
- Supervised many photo-shootings for the catalogs and the yearly toy-fair
2007 – 2013: Client consulting (on the weekends)
at one of the wine stores of Jacques Weindepot in Stuttgart, Germany
One of the best week-end jobs I have ever had 🙂
My motivation was to earn some extra money, but I also got a whole new perspective on B to C Marketing, and an extensive knowledge of wine!
- Consulted customer on which wine goes to which food, or is suitable to store…
- Prepared sales promotions like wine tastings with chocolate or cheese
- Calculated and prepared gift baskets
1998 – 2000: Intern
at the full service advertising agency cre art in Fulda, Germany
My main field of work: logos and business branding for smaller companies.
- Developed logos, stationary, business cards, coupons, small brochures, print advertisements …
- Assisted our in-house photographer
1998 – 2000: Student
at the Akademie für Kommunikation Kassel, in Germany
Graduated as: state certified communications manager (similar to US bachelor)
1996 – 1998: Student
at the Ferdinand Braun-Fachoberschule in Fulda, Germany
Major: Graphic design
Graduated: “Fach Abitur Gestaltung” (similar to US college)
Career training / seminars
Throughout the years I have attended numerous seminars like: “Producing creative direct-mailings”, “All about layouting books” and my favorite: “Language becomes beautiful through typography” by the famous designer Erik Spiekermann.
To stay up to date on my everyday programs like InDesign and Photoshop, I frequently attend training courses.